MUSEUMS are at the heart of contemporary societies; representatives of history, culture, skill, arts and much more.
Founded in 2014, ‘MUSEUMS of AHMEDABAD’ is a public interest initiative catering to museums and private collectors.
The initiative by Avani Varia responds to the challenges faced by museums and private collectors. It provides with the objective of making museums experiential learning spaces.
Program includes the management of a museum, organise its collections, research and documentation, archive standards, branding, promotion and a professional frame of reference for an international standard for museums.
The program is to:
- collect and compile information of the museums and private collectors.
- popularise museum culture in Ahmedabad
- connect the museums / collectors.
- facilitate to make Museums vibrant learning spaces.
- provide consultation to museums, collectors, educational institutions and organisations .
- provide consultation to museums for brand building, promotion, revenue generation, publication, souvenir and much more.
- initiate and facilitate public-private partnerships to fulfil the program objectives.
- Short film – how many museums are there in Ahmedabad (JULY 2013) https://youtu.be/HFD0sVIolCk
- FIRST all MUSEUM MEET of AHMEDABAD on 18 May 2016 – International Museum Day
- Internship offered to students and professionals for research, documentation, promotion and marketing. An ongoing opportunity
- Strategic online promotion; participation in international online museum related activities
- Conceptualization and design of Museum related publications
- Regular meetings with the team members of all the Museums of Ahmedabad
- ‘Museums of Ahmedabad MAP’ Launch by Padma Shri Kartikeya Sarabhai in Ahmedabad. 18 May 2017
- Participation in Museum Week, first worldwide cultural event on social networks, powered by UNESCO, representing the Museums of Ahmedabad. To note MoA team was amongst the only 3 participants from India for Museum Week in year 2015-16. Active participation for Museum Week celebration – year 2015/2016/2017/2018/2019/2020/2021
- International Museum Day celebration – various online and at museum programs are oragnised on 18 May every year since 2014
- India Heritage Week Festival 2020 – 3 events curated in association with Museums for special needs people and underprivileged children.
- Curated programs for participants of special needs and underprivileged background. Programs are organized in Ahmedabad and different museums across Gujarat.
- Programs for school and college groups to visit museums – bespoke curated by Avani Varia
- InstagramLIVE – programs specially designed after Covid19 pandemic. Check IGTV ongoing free program